Please note a few Important Safety Changes:
1) Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
2) Skip the waiting room - please call or text us from your car when you are in the parking lot. You will go directly to your treatment room.
3) Plexiglas barriers for separation at the front desk
4) Temperature will be taken upon entry of all patients and team members.
5) Face mask and hand sanitation is required on entry.
6) New HEPA air purifiers in every treatment room.
7) Misting of all rooms with a non-toxic disinfectant between patients reducing 99.99% of bacteria and viruses
We might look different being covered from head to toe, but we still are the same compassionate and caring dental healthcare providers underneath. We are eager to greet you and treat all your dental needs.
Any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at (845) 634-5925.
At New City Dental Associates, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately.
The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.